Wednesday 20 March 2013

Endless Ocean with Year 1

I used this firm favourite with my group of lower ability Year 1s to write a short story about a day they went diving in the coral. We planned a beginning, middle and end, using the Wii to discuss how our dive would start, what we would do in the dive (or see) and how we would end the dive. This was the first time they had used this game, as a part of our ocean topic.   


This is by my reluctant writer. He finds the Wii motivating, I'll leave it on while he writes so he can refer to it.


This writer started to extend her sentences during this piece of writing, so much she saw!



This child finds writing difficult but was positive about this piece of work, wanting to write about all she saw in the game.



This writer has added in the description I was looking for. The wii gave her lots of ideas but she has added in her own (the crab).

Once again, I have found the Wii particulalry helps the children who find writing difficult to put pencil to paper.

1 comment:

  1. It's so interesting to see how using games can motivate and support children from year1 to year 6 (in your previous post) - thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete